This page has moved to a new address.

THE18THDISTRICT HEALTHY KITCHEN - HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTER

the 18th district: THE18THDISTRICT HEALTHY KITCHEN - HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTER

Sunday, May 18, 2014

THE18THDISTRICT HEALTHY KITCHEN - HOMEMADE ALMOND BUTTER

I absolutely love almond butter and top different foods with it to give it the special something, such as my oatmeals and fruits. If I suddenly find myself starving when I forget to eat or when I have the craving for something sweet, I actually eat a spoonful or two of almomd butter and it fills me up and satisfies my cravings ;) Pretty great - isn't it ? ;) 
A few days ago I tried to make almond butter at home, this is super easy and has been a total success. 


Everything you'll need for your own homemade almond butter - amonds, a food processor and patience, patience and patience! 


I used husked almonds and roasted them for about 10 minutes at about 200 degrees. 
Place the almonds in a food processor. Secure the lid and allow to process for 20-30 minutes, stopping and scraping down the sides as needed throughout the process.
The almond butter is ready with the oils have released and the resulting butter is very smooth and creamy-- this takes more time than you'd expect, so be patient!
 * Transfer the almond butter to a sealed glass jar, and store in the fridge for best shelf life.
* Be creative and top your favorite fruits, oatmeals etc. with it and enjoy the healthy yumminess!!!




Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home