This page has moved to a new address.

Travel Diary - FIRENZE

the 18th district: Travel Diary - FIRENZE

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Travel Diary - FIRENZE

As I'm really accident-prone, I got sick after our trip to Volterra, just in the middle of our vacation. My body  just might not be used to a few exercise free and relaxing days. So I was down with the flu from day 4 of our stay in Tuscany. Well, staying in bed when you are on holiday isn't really the best idea, so I pulled myself together for our trip to Florence.
 Florence is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and the city is noted for its history, culture, Renaissance art, architecture and monuments. The city is worldwide know as ''the city of Renaissance'', the best-known site of Florence is the domed cathedral of the city, Santa Maria del Fiore, known as The Duomo, whose dome was built by Filippo Brunelleschi. Of course we also visited the Uffizi, Piazza della Signoria with the replica of Michelangelo's David, the famous Ponte Vecchio with its many jewelers shops , Palazzo Pitti - the Medici residence (you all should have learned about this powerful family at school, do you remember ;) ?), Boboli Gardens and all other important sights. 
I can tell you guys, walking many kilometers trough this wonderful city with the flu, fever-bright and 38° in shade wasn't a perfect idea, but totally worth it. 
Florence is also the home of some luxury italian fashion brands such as Salvatore Ferragamo and Gucci, which are also headquartered in this wonderful city.  
It goes with out saying, that we had to visit the Gucci Museo, including a wonderful flagship store, a book shop and a bar. (Yes, I also bought a few things, but mainly presents) 
While walking through the main shopping street,Via de' Tornabuoniwhere all the luxury boutiques are located, something really unusual for me happened, I didn't even want look into the shop windows, far less to enter one of the shops. My boyfriend just couldn't believe his eyes, and that was the moment he knew, I was really sick. 
Nearly totally dehydrated (although I drank lots of water), exhausted and with high temperature I fell into my bed that evening. 
Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore

 Ponte Vecchio


Palazzo Pitti
Uffizi
Piazza della Signoria
The replica of David - what a broth of a man ! Wow! 
Headquarters of Salvatore Ferragamo
Isn't that fantastic?- on one street you can find the headquarters of Ferragamo and flagship stores of  all high-end brands you can think of, and on the next you find such a cute little shop ;)

 I know you have already seen me sporting this outfit in Verona a few weeks ago.
In  Florence, I wore different shoes and accessories and in my opinion, this shows how versatile a simple black dress can be ;) 

H&M DEVIDED - DRESS
CELINE PARIS - Bag 
VINTAGE - Scarf (on the bag)
ZARA - Flats (old)
ETHNO STYLE BRACELET - by COEURVERNIS 
TOMMY HILFIGER - Pocket Square worn as a bracelet 

Thanks for reading! 
Share the love and follow me on : 



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home